Providing unique and memorable experiences, all year round.
Last year, over 7,000 young people visited Woodrow High House. This could have been on a residential trip, day visit, camping or even at one of our holiday adventure camps. In order to keep doing what we’re doing, it’s important that we gather feedback from the children, young people and the group leaders visiting our centre.
Children & young people
- 87% of children felt coming to Woodrow helped them try new things
- 82% of children felt coming to Woodrow helped them to not give up
- 80% of children felt coming to Woodrow helped them to better listen
Teachers & youth professionals
- 93% of youth leaders felt coming to Woodrow helped their young people feel more confident
- 93% of youth leaders felt coming to Woodrow helped their young people be better team players
- 91% of youth leaders felt coming to Woodrow helped their young people cope better with challenges
What are the benefits of residential trips?
There are so many benefits to running a residential for your school or youth group. These benefits don’t start and end with the outdoor activities the children participate in, but extend to the entirety of the trip. Your young people will learn skills and make memories every step of the way. Everything from making their bed, to eating dinner with their friends, getting to know their teachers in a different environment and deciding what to spend their pocket money on (will it be sweets, a postcard home or a bouncy ball?)
We strongly believe in the incredible benefits that brilliant residentials can provide, a few of which are listed here:
- Improved engagement with learning
- Improved knowledge, skills and understanding
- Improved SATs results and an easier transition into secondary school
- Deeper relationships with peers and teachers / youth leaders
- Improved resilience, self-confidence and well-being
- Boosted cohesion and a sense of belonging
Share your stories
We’d love to hear from you. What do you remember about your first residential experience? Is it the midnight snacks, the first time you got a bullseye in archery, or making friendships for life?
Are you a teacher or youth leader, perhaps you’ve visited Woodrow before? We would love to hear about the lasting impact the residential experience has had on your young people. Get in touch and tell us more (firstname.lastname@example.org)