Every single job – big or small – makes a difference.
Volunteering makes a positive contribution to the experience of children and young people visiting Woodrow.
We welcome both individuals and volunteers from companies who want to help us provide more (and better) outdoor learning opportunities: we never say no to any support!
We always have a range of volunteering projects to choose from, ranging from building our new mountain bike track, down to gardening and adhoc DIY.
Our plans for the future
Here are some projects we hope to complete in 2019 / 2020, with support from volunteers:
- Gardening: our 26 acres of land needs constant attention!
- Decking repairs around our AstroTurf
- Building a shelter hut
- Activity areas
What you’ve achieved so far
Here are just a few of the amazing projects some of our volunteers have helped us with:
- Gardening – Dunn & Bradstreet, Bucks Gardening
- Fencing, gardening – Santander
- Victorian sunken garden – Silicon Labs
- Nightline, inclusion facilities, pond deck – Zebra
- Challenge course – NBCU, Starbucks, Comcast
- Inclusion path – Vestel
- High Ropes Fence and Shelter – MBNL
- Timber MTB Skills Features – Santander
- Conservation support – Chiltern Rangers
- Grounds improvements – Prudential
- Pond – BT
We can’t begin to tell you how much the hard work of the volunteers that visit us contributes to our mission – to support young people to become the best they can be – but we can show you.
To find out more about volunteering with us, please give us a call on 01494 433 531, download our information pack or email us at email@example.com