Find out everything you need to know before you visit.
Want to know how many beds there are in each room? Or what a typical day looks like at Woodrow? In our information zone you can find out everything you need to know about visiting Woodrow.
Want to check it out for yourself? Then why not check out our brand new virtual tour here.
You can also download our 2019 e-Brochure here.
As soon as you step through the door, our famous Woodrow welcome means you’ll feel right at home. So (just like you can once you’re here) kick off your shoes, put your feet up and read more about:
- We can cater for all group sizes, big or small: we have 120 beds ready and waiting for you, spread across 23 bedrooms (plus two additional rooms that can be added if necessary). Bedrooms vary in size and are made up of bunk beds or single beds. Each room sleeps between 2 to 10 people per room, so time to buddy-up. We provide all of the bed linen and the young people get to make-up their own beds!
- Teachers are allocated twin rooms and are provided with ready-made beds, as well as tea and coffee making facilities.
- If you prefer to sleep under canvas, we can arrange that too. We have tents, roll mats and sleeping bags available to hire.
- We offer shared bathroom facilities, no en-suites available.
- Commandeer one of our three lounges to cosy up in during the evening, so you can swap stories about your day over a hot chocolate. This is perfect for that much needed quiet time at the end of the day, as well as indoor activities and classroom based workshops. Based on the size and needs of your group you will be allocated a lounge, however if you have a favourite please do let us know and we’ll try our best to accommodate your request.
- If more than one group is staying with us at the same time we can divide the house into ‘zones’, with each group having their own bedroom area. Or if you want Woodrow all to yourself, then just book out the whole place!
- The house is fully accessible (other than the cellar), with a lift and accessible bedrooms and bathrooms available.
- Our healthy home-cooked food will give you all the energy you need for a busy day at Woodrow. We provide fully-catered residential stays. Your first Woodrow meal will be dinner on your arrival day and your last, lunch on departure day. Your group will need to bring a packed lunch if arriving in the morning.
- Our dining room holds up to 75 people and we have two 45-minute meal sittings.
- Fruit and salad are available with every meal and our friendly kitchen team can cater for many different dietary needs.
- Woodrow High House has a Duty Instructor on hand 24 hours a day to deal with any problems you might have while you’re staying with us, they will stay over in the house with your group, in a separate accommodation area. There’s always a Duty Manager on call 24/7 and ready to help too.
- All of our staff are DBS checked and our instructor team are all first-aid trained and fire marshall qualified.
- We offer all-inclusive residential experiences, so there’s no need to worry about those “added extras”. The cost of your residential includes: your accommodation (with all bed linen provided), all of your meals freshly prepared onsite (from dinner on arrival to lunch on departure), all of your activities led by our fully qualified instructor team, your own private lounge area, access to our games room and tuck shop as well as timetabled use of our swimming pool, 3G AstroTurf pitch and sports hall.
- Discounted places for teachers and youth leaders.
How many activities are included?
*the number of activities we’re able to deliver is dependent on your groups arrival and departure times, length of breaks and participants abilities. For a more detailed activity schedule, or to discuss your booking in more detail, please get in touch.
- Day visits: up to 4 activities
- One-night: up to 5 activities and 1 instructor-led evening activity
- Two-night: up 9 activities, 1 instructor-led evening activity and 1 self-led evening activity
- Three-night: up to 11 activities, 2 instructor-led evening activities and 1 self-led evening activity
- Four-night: up to 13 activities, 2 instructor-led evening activities and 2 self-led evening activities
- Weekend: up to 6 activities, 1 instructor-led evening activity and 1 self-led evening activity