If you are a busy parent looking for support with childcare or just want your children to have a happy, healthy holiday then Woodrow High House Day Camps are the solution.
Running every week day throughout the school holidays (Easter, May h/t, Summer & October h/t) we provide a great venue for children to be children.
Woodrow High House, is a 17th century manor house set in beautiful surroundings of 24 acres of woodland and gardens providing a safe environment for children to explore and use their imagination. We are located on A404 just outside Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
Our Holiday Activity Day Camps provide an open access scheme. This is a play-based provision for children over the age of 5. We are Ofsted registered and the Early Years & Childcare Registration Handbook can be downloaded here.
You will find our Complaints Policy available for download here. Copies of our Safeguarding Policy & Procedures are available on request.
Mini Explorers: 5-7 years
Explorers: 8-11 years
Timings & Prices:
Standard Hours (Drop off 8:30/9am & Pickup 4:30/5pm) £38/day or £152/week (one day free)
Extended Hours (Drop off 8am & Pickup 6pm) £43/day or £172/week (one day free)
We also offer a 10% sibling only discount! This cannot be used in conjunction with the “one day free” offer.
We are registered with Ofsted and so are able to accept childcare vouchers. You will find a list of the providers we accept on our booking form.
Woodrow High House will charge for cancellations on the following basis:
Notice* Given – Charge Incurred:
– More than 5 days before booked date/s – 50% refund per cancelled day, per child.
– Less than 5 days before booked date/s – no refund available.
*Notice days refer to calendar days, not working days.
If cancellation is due to illness, a full refund may be given for cancellations with less than 24 hours notice subject to the illness being medically certified (e.g. a Doctor’s note).
Each day is designed to involve a selection of the wide range of indoor and outdoor activities on offer at Woodrow High House.
A typical day* at Woodrow’s Day Camps may include some of the following activities:
- Searching for hidden items on a scavenger hunt.
- Learning to tie knots and work in teams to construct a giant catapult in ‘Pioneering’.
- Exploring the grounds and learning how to survive in the wilderness during ‘Shelterbuild’ and ‘Bushcraft’.
- Learning the importance of teamwork and communication as they navigate an obstacle course (blindfolded!) in ‘Nightline’.
- Experimenting with colours and designs in arts & crafts.
- Trying something completely new as they have a go at archery (8-11 age group only).
- Having fun with their new friends during an indoor soft play session.
- Learning to build (and race!) a raft in the swimming pool (8-11 age group only).
- Letting loose as they play fun team games including ‘Wacky Races’, ‘Hide and Seek’, ‘Puzzles’, ‘Parachute Games’ and more.
- Stepping outside of their comfort zone as they take on the Jacob’s Ladder (8-11 age group only) and overcome obstacles on the Challenge Course.
*Please note that some activities may be repeated at different times each week and are subject to change due to weather conditions, or for logistic/operational reasons. We tailor the day to suit the needs/abilities of the group and therefore these changes may be made at late notice, without warning.
Our enthusiastic instructors are fully qualified, DBS checked and First Aid Trained. They aim to make sure all the children have fun and come home happy and tired at the end of the day. Day Camps are fun, educational and inspiring too. Come rain or shine we run through the school holidays.
What to Bring to Day Camps:
Woodrow High House is an outdoor education centre, your children will be taking part in both outdoor and indoor activities. Please ensure that your children come dressed appropriately for the weather. We also ask that the children bring along a pair of indoor shoes.
Here is a suggested list of things to bring:
- Packed Lunch/Snacks/Water Bottle. Please ensure that your child’s lunch is healthy, sustainable and nutritious. Woodrow requests that parents and carers do not include peanuts or nuts in packed lunches.
- Waterproof coat
- Sun screen (in the warm summer months)
- Sun hat